Monday, September 14, 2009

Gas

Minor setback to report this evening. Love those minor setbacks.

Both the girls are suffering from an excess of gas in their bellies. Several theories are being floated as to why, the most likely being Jenny's diet. She was eating some beans & rice recently, and it's thought that the gas off this food was transferred to her breastmilk, which the twins are eating on a regular basis. Possibly, their stomachs can't handle the gassy milk.

Their stomachs are tremendously bloated. There is a fine, fine lacework of veins just under the skin of the tumescent swells. The veins are purplish, red, microscopic. The bellies look painful. Beneath them their legs are very small and bony. I want to squeeze the bellies, gently, ever so gently, and let out the air, give them relief.

I recorded some video of Tallulah the other night on my Flip and took it in and played it to both girls. The Flip video plays back on a small 1 inch monitor, with sound. In the video Tallulah introduces herself to her younger sisters and then tells them to start farting. The sooner they learn to fart, the better they'll feel. Tallulah cracks up giggling at the end of it.

Gotta say, laughing never felt so good. All the same, still worried sick.

1 comment:

  1. wow Darby, I don't know what to say. I can't believe HOW MUCH has happened since I saw you guys. Sounds like things are improving a bit every day. Give Jenny my love -

    Linda Prince

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment? Great. I'd love to hear from you.